Saturday, February 19, 2011

Can't post to the class blog - Coding "The Wilting Climate Change Debate"

I decided to code this story based on how many paragraphs were based in facts, and how many paragraphs were the author’s opinion. I also coded to see if he used sources to back up his points. I realize that this is an opinion piece, but opinion pieces need some facts to be reliable. I looked at the sources he used and if they supported the claims that he made in the story. The writer comes off as snarky and rambling. He has plenty of sources in the story, but rarely does he use them to successfully support his argument. Too often he will just include some source and then make a snide remark about it. This story does feel biased, and I took it with a grain of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment